Friday, December 06, 2013

The kidnapped nuns

I don't have time to provide many links (please do the job for me) but I have seen enough to nauseate me: did you see how the Western media made such a big effort to justify and sugar coat (this is the first time ever that I use that expression) the kidnapping of the Ma`lula nuns by Syrian rebels/thugs? Notice that the language used was that they merely (I think that this is the 3rd time I use "merely" today in the blog it is like reckon in the Economist--I complained to an editor at the Economist about the word "reckon" and she promised me to bring it up in an editorial meeting but I see no results) "moved" them or that they "took" them or that they "transported" them.  And the video released by the kidnappers/rebels today was quite obscene: no videos of that sort should be shown.  If I am ever kidnapped don't air a video of me in captivity and know that all my words were uttered under duress, damn it.  And Lebanese TV reporter, Josephine Deeb, who knows Ma`lula well and know the nuns, noticed that they had no crosses on them and added that the head nun always had a cross around her neck.  It guess the cross offended your rebels.