Wednesday, October 03, 2012

To Max Blumenthal and some Western reporters

How do I put this: while I was pissed at Al-Akhbar recently because they did not publish my article against Bashshar Al-Asad ("Tyrant, son of Tyrant"), I need to explain this to you once and for all.  Not everyone who leaves Al-Akhbar, and not everyone who is fired from Al-Akhbar, does so due to disagreements over Syrian conflict.  Do you know how ridiculous you sound when you assume that every person who leaves is due to political disagreements over Syria?? I say ridiculous because some of the reasons have absolutely nothing to do even with politics, for potato's sake.  I know it is the season to pose as martyrs or as champions of martyrs, especially that the martyrs list have gained the likes of Tlas brothers.  I am amused now that when anyone leaves Al-Akhbar, or is fired from Al-Akhbar, he/she receives Western notes of congratulations for his/her heroism and the "martyr" in question assumes the role and poses as martyr.  It is becoming funny, but not really.  And if you all are such guardians of professionalism in the Arabic press, why not a word about Saudi or Hariri media from you? Surely none of you would claim that Al-Akhbar is more unprofessional than Hariri and Saudi media.