Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Americans want credit for Arab rebellions: let them have it

Look.  Americans won't have it any other way.  They really want to believe that when Arab rebels, they do so under their influence.  They just won't accept any other explanation.  Fine.  I won't argue with you.  When Arab rebels, it is due to American influence: some rebel because they read a man that no Arab knows (Gene Sharp, I believe is his name and whose works were translated to Arabic not by an Arab initiative but by an American effort and they had to scramble to find one to translate).  And when Arabs don't rebel: it is their fault: the fault of Islam and their culture.  Are you satisfied now?  I just am fed up with the silly notions that are being peddled.  Look at this line here:  "Gigi Ibrahim helped Egypt rise up against Hosni Mubarak after taking a class at the American University in Cairo."  I don't know who Gigi is but if you want to believe that, just believe it and leave me alone.  I am really nauseated at those theories.   In my experience, the best Arab rebels have never attended American schools.  And those rebels who attended American schools--with few exceptions--were skilled only in aborting rebellions and revolts.  But you want puppets who cheer you non-stop: that is why you wanted to believe that when Kanan Makiyya wrote "thank you America" for invading Iraq, you wanted to believe that he spoke for all Iraqis.   I thought that you learned from that embarrassing fiasco.  (thanks Farah)