Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Incitement against Islam...in Arabic

Karim sent me this (I cite with his permission):  "I live in a christian area in lebanon..As i was flicking tv channels today (on illegal cable tv), i stumbled on this channel displaying  it had this egyptian woman with the biggest cross i've ever seen in my life on her chest. she had an egyptian accent. she was talking about the bombing in alexandria but suddenly, she started saying that it is the channel's mission to prove that islam is bad and that it orders its followers to persecute muslims. I kid you not. now i'm an atheist, and i don't care (maybe that's true), but the whole channel sounded so suspicious, as it was inciting outright against Christians, and saying lies. they were emphasizing the fatwas of ibn taymia to prove their point, although that's the single most extreme imam in the history of islam. so I visited their website and found that they are calling Palestine  'Israel.'. Looks like it's called Al-Hayat channel. i have no idea why they're calling it muslim women tv since  it's a christian channel."