Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Lebanese upper class

Lina and I have been close friends since our teens.  Yet, I prefer to write my message publicly because this sentence really bothered me.  "the coiled metal spring-like bar stools are by Ron Arad, the Israeli designer."  It does not bother me if Lina wants to brag about her $5 million house in downtown Beirut, but does the Lebanese upper class have to impress the White Man by showing blindness to the Arab boycott of things Israeli? I mean, you could not find more comfortable chairs than ones designed by an Israeli who most likely had served in the Israeli terrorist army?  I would rather sit on the floor than sit on chair designed by this Ron Arad. (thanks Aroub)


PS And notice that the accompanying picture only featured the Ron Arad-designed bar stools.