Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jihad in strip clubs: why did the New York Times delete that reference?

So a front page article in the New York Times is about links between Nidal Hasan and a Yemeni cleric. But the second part of the article on page A 21 makes a reference to Hasan's frequenting of Strip clubs. It mentioned that he paid for lap dances there. So I wanted to share that news in on this blog, but discovered that the reference was deleted from the article on the web? This is not the first time that I discover that the New York Times edits and changes articles after they appear in the hard copy edition of the paper. I feel it is so unethical: I don't run a newspaper but I tell people often that I don't change posts after I post them. This article talks about Hasan's love of strippers.