Monday, July 16, 2007

I don't have time to link but Al-Quds Al-`Arabi has published the transcript of the meeting of the PNC in which Layla Khalid confronted Abu Mazen. (It is clear the transcript was leaked by Rashad Abu Shawir, who writes in the paper). Also, Dahlan's gang is denying that he is leaving West Bank for good. In other news, and upon hearing the debate in Congress on US troops in Iraq, the Iraqi puppet foreign minister, yelled; "What about me? What will happen to me?" A researcher on Arab media here in London has conducted research in the Arab world about people's viewing habits (of news channels). He tells me that Aljazeera remains number and Al-Arabiya is distant second. There is an Arab media polling company that specializes in providing polling data to suit your own commercial interest. Like you can hire them to prove that Abu Dhabi TV is the number one channel in the Arab world. (They will do that for a hefty fee, of course). I will not name sources, but I can confirm to you that what we have been reading and hearing about changes in Aljazeera are all true. Very true--denials of Ghassan Bin Jiddu in As-Safir notwithstanding.