Monday, April 16, 2007

When AlJazeera goes too far. Today, I checked, and my suspicions were confirmed. Do you know that AlJazeera (I am talking here about the Arabic channel) covers Bush's speeches and statements with more extensiveness and more consistency than US channels? Today for example: Bush made some remarks: CNN covered a few minutes of it, while AlJazeera insisted on staying with live coverage (and life translation) to the very end and even covered the applause. I told you before that from Sep. 11 until two years ago: Aljazeera aired 11 hours of Bin Laden tapes and some 500 hours of Bush's tapes. The network now goes out of its way to cover any utterances (even sneezes and yawns as I once said on Aljazeera) by US officials just to prove its "objectivity" to the US administration. Also, sometimes Mr. Bush makes sense. Like today: he said that he has to defeat the "terrorists" in Iraq and keep the troops there, otherwise they will come to attack us here in the US. I mean, who can disagree with that. Really. Who can disagree that if US troops were to withdraw from Iraq, the people of Ramadi, Najaf, Fallujah, Ba`qubah and Mosul will fly to the US to attack Americans?