Thursday, January 04, 2007

Look who's talking. You guessed right. The new Muslim member of Congress. Well, he has this to say on his website (after blaming the Palestinians for the absence of peace in the Middle East): He wants the Palestinians to recognize "the absolute right of Israel to exist peacefully." Now I am familiar with the obnoxious cliche that Arabs need to "recognize Israel's right to exist" but this is the first time that I find a reference to "the absolute right of Israel to exist." I never understood nor did I like the first reference, and I like even less the new phraseology of this new member of Congress. Watch. This guy will go very far to allay the fears of anti-Muslims in the US. Let me predict: that when Israel kills Arabs: he will say that Israel did not kill enough Arabs. When Israel bombs, he will say that Israeli did not bomb enough. When Israel occupies, he will assert that Israel needs to occupy even more Arab lands. And maybe in a number of years, he will be permitted to take his oath without having to carry a book by Thomas Jefferson. How am I doing, o White Man, asked the new Muslim member of Congress. Very well. Very well. Take your seat now. (thanks Scott)