Sunday, July 23, 2006

Many have sent me the piece by Tom Hayden. I thought to myself that if I get it one more time, I will vent out. Hayden said: "I had traveled to Israel in a generally supportive capacity, meeting officials from all parties, studying energy projects, befriending peace advocates like the writer Amos Oz." "Supportive capacity"? "Supportive capacity"? I was in Beirut during the siege of 1982, when Hayden and his wife came to entertain the troops. They even visited an Israeli warship off the coast off Lebanon to cheer the invaders. Tom Hayden: too little, and way too late. And notice that he has to invoke a friendship with an Israeli--that will always give your credibility. Even in his confessional, he has to bring in a friendship with an Israeli, and Oz of all people. Somebody who has the most insensitive record on the Palestinians, and somebody who blamed the "decline" of Israeli democracy on non-European Jews. And Oz never misses an opportunity to brag about his military service, while talking about peace, in between talks on "Palestinian terror" this, and Palestinian "terrorism" that. And notice how Hayden only realized his mistake when he no more has any political aspirations--he lost his last run for office. I am never impressed by those who discover the justice of the Palestinian cause in their retirement years--and some on their death-beds, when they no more can be of any usefulness. Go fishing, o Tom Hayden. And start dancing for Israeli Israeli troops. Dance, NOW.