Friday, July 02, 2004

Fools relying on fools, who rely on fools, who rely on fools, etc.
I was in Tyre for most of the day yesterday, so I did not have a chance to watch Saddam's trial proceedings live. I was gratified to meet leftist activists (Palestinian and Lebanese) in the region of South Lebanon. There were people I have not seen in years. My aunt took my sister aside to tel her that people have told her that As`ad (that is me) must have made "billions of dollars" from his media appearances. People have also suggested to her that I must have been dying my hair (Never have,of course, and never will); but I explained to her that under TV lights my black hair shines). I was quite angry at the Saddam's spectacle. The criminal fools who executed the Iraq invasion and occupation seems to excel in selecting fools, crooks, and carbombers as their allies and clients. That judge was such a fool. Saddam dominated the court yesterday, and for that I can only blame the occupation and the idiot judge. Saddam the tyrant was allowed to dominate the courtroom because the fool-judge was intimidated by Saddam. How absurd. This show will play in Saddam's favor, especially outside of Iraq. Today, my friend Joseph Samaha (editor of As-Safir and the most sophisticated columnist in Arabic) wrote about the need to dismiss Salim Chalabi (a crook and nephew of Ahmad Chalabi) from the judgeship of Saddam's trial. Those who took their countries to war (Bush and Blair): should they not be sitting next to Saddam on that bench? Should they not be exposed to the questions of a less fool than that idiot judge selected by occupation (and nobody knows his name by the way)? And Saddam, that sexist, vuglarian tyrant: also engaged in demagogy: talking about Iraqi popular will, and even (very vulgarly) talked about saving Iraqi women's honor as a cause for his invasion of Kuwait. Why had he not mentioned that before, one wonders? This defense of his is as credible as Bush's speeches about the rights of women in Afghanistan. And I have such an aversion and contempt for those Arab "lawyers" rallying to volunteer to defend Saddam. Can they not find Arab political prisoners to defend? Laura: I shall post a detailed exposition about sexism in Beirut upon my return.