Sunday, December 08, 2013

Hizbullah and Bahrain II

Regarding the statement by the "leadership" of Hizbullah in which it distanced itself from the decision by officials at Al-Manar TV station (the official TV of the party) to present a despicable apology to the Bahrain tyrant, here is my analysis.  I am not sure whether the statement by the leadership is sincere or not but here is my criteria: if someone at Al-Manar is fired, I will know that the statement by the party is credible and sincere.  If, on the other hand, no one at Al-Manar is disciplined, I will smell a rotten political game by the party.  I will tell you this: the reaction by the mass audience of Hizbullah regarding the apology was so overwhelming and pervasive on social media that this may have led the party to distance itself. But I am not sure waiting for more evidence.