Friday, July 05, 2013

Belgian vs Belgium

A.H. sent me this:  "Not wanting to offend you, it is Belgian king not Belgium (the country). Why abdicating on behalf of "an arab" (again not to offend you). I lived there and if there is one thing that I know most upper class Belgians detest more than the Turks, are the North Africans and by default Arabs. I have to admit that the Belgian companies do not mind the Gulfies. Just from my own personal experience and knowledge: FYI Besix (construction of the Burj Khalif and Iraqi bunkers and military airports during Saddam, Barco (high end electronic visual aids for all weather targeting by infantry and tanks and airplanes, Jan De Nul (dredging), airplane construction subcontractors (I actually did a month of Emergency Services rotation with the "coast guard" and the Seaking helicopter pilot - ment for sea rescue operation - took me to a couple of refueling flights and told me that when he still was in the Belgian army, he used to fly Dassault aircraft to Malta (exported there as everyone knows that Malta is surrounded by enemies), where the Iraqi pilots would fly in and pick them up after buying them from Malta, thus circumventing the Highly Moral Attitude of Belgian Government in avoiding arming of any of the parties."