Thursday, March 12, 2009

The affair Chas Freeman

I pointed out on the first day that Freeman would not be appointed. But look at this sentence by the New York Times: "Mr. Freeman had long been critical of Israel, with a bluntness that American officials rarely voice in public about a staunch American ally." Yes, New York Times: it is only because American officials don't criticize US allies--so it is not about Israel per se. This is why US officials never criticize France or Germany or UK. Yes, o New York Times. You are rather funny in trying to cover up the peculiar circumstances of the status of Israel in Washington, DC. But I did not want to make a big deal of this Freeman appointment, and I don't want to make this as one of the Arab defeats--to be added to Arab regimes' defeats at the hand of Israel. I talked to Mr. Freeman when I was working on my Saudi Arabia book and he provided me with interesting information. He is a nice person with a sense of humor. But make no mistake about it: he has been an apologist of the Saudi royal family. So in our fight against Israeli terrorism, we need people who are vehemently anti-Zionist while opposing all Arab regimes.