Monday, December 08, 2008

Not a Good Morning.

Some people who know me say that I tend to be spoiled. Yet, there are certain things in life that do not go one's way. I woke up and turned on the TV: there he was. Thomas Friedman was hosting a panel on "the global economy" at Brookings Institution. There was a huge American-Israeli flag behind the panelists: I guess the US flag represented...the US, and the Israeli flag represented the world. And then Friedman started for several long minutes to make fun of the word "google". He was so painfully obnoxious and unfunny that I did what I do on those occasions: I yell out obscenities in Arabic at him. But I really started thinking as somebody who does not like the New York Times (but who reads it as a daily homework), that I miss the likes of Flora Lewis or even William Safire. They had more things to say and they said it better.