Thursday, December 18, 2008

More on Ibrahim Salamah's Book

I have mentioned the new memoirs of Ibrahim Salamah (Ghadan Sanadkhul Al-Madinah). I have been recommending it right and left. Due to the courage of the writer and the explosive reveleations about the Lebanese media and its "external" connections, the book does not carry a publisher. It was hard to find in Lebanon, I am told. You just need to ask around. Salamah lives there in retirement: I never met the guy but a friend saw him recently in Beirut. He asked him why he does not write anymore: he said that nobody would publish him (he also said that my articles speak for him--I was told). Among the revelations in the book is the best profile of Wafi At-Tal: the book suggests (based on conversations with Tal himself) that he was killed by the CIA and not by Black September. He even cites Abu Hasan Salamah in that regard.