Friday, October 10, 2008

EDB (a Western reporter in the Middle East) sent me this (I cite with her permission): "What's funny about the American journalists who were "missing" is that Americans can not get visas at the border to enter Syria. So, there is no way the were planning on doing that "legally." Since at least 2006, Americans need to get a visa at a Syrian embassy, which is why Americans in Lebanon cannot simply cross over to Syria anymore. Very strange story. I buy the version that they wanted to see how porous the border with Syria is more. And about Taylor Luck: I don't know him but his facebook profile includes favored activities such as: public urination. He has a photo album entitled, "Ancient Thebes and other things I pissed on<>. As you said, imagine if Syrian journalists snuck into the US. They would disappear for 3 years and end up in Guantanamo for a further 4."