Saturday, April 19, 2008

from my phone. I am pissed. I am with my students at model united nations in burlingame. my school was assigned thr country of iran. our school was seected among a handful of countries to give a speech before the general assembly on the basis of their excellent work. one member from our delegation gave an excellent speech in which he accurately represented iran's position on various issues including the palestinian issue. there was a commotion as he was giving the speech and the president immediately asked israel and US to respond. the delegation from both countries didn't respond. today on the first page of the daily newspaper that is put out by the conference there was an article by israel delegate responding to iran. the president in an unprecedented fashion characterized the speech yesday as inflammatory in that article. this shows u that zionist bias is now part of us political culture. it is not only about the lobby.