Sunday, March 06, 2016

Next year: one Century since the Balfour Declaration of Nov. 2nd, 1917

Next November of 2017, it will be the one-century commemoration of the Balfour Declaration.  I am not a good organizer and I am not good with paper work (that is why I regularly turn down the rotational chairpersonship of my department) but I will be calling in Arabic and English for the organizing of worldwide campaign to commemorate this great injustice inflicted on the Palestinians by Israel.  There should be simulations world-wide demonstrations in front of British embassies and consulates and there should be workshops held to educate the public about the Palestinian cause.  People should set up organizing committees by country and by university and by cities.  We should start launching Facebook and Twitter pages dedicated to the event.