Friday, August 08, 2014

O White Man, come and save me

I have often commented about the silly antics of this Lebanese right-wing woman.  I have mentioned that because Western correspondents who come to Beirut often don't know about the culture and the language of the area, they are easily swayed by her claims that she is a poet or a feminist, not knowing about her anti-feminist writings (assuming that she knows what feminism is, and I have argued in a lengthy article that she does not), or that no one takes seriously her attempts at poetry.  Someone sent me what she wrote on Twitter recently:   "Joumana Haddad (@Joumana333)
8/7/14, 12:32 AM
THANK YOU @RichardDawkins 4 teaching me to enjoy the hate mail I receive daily as an Arab atheist. See u in hell? :)".

You see what I mean about these theatrics? Why is she getting hate mail about her atheism? Who cares about her views? I have been an atheist since my teens, and I was recently introduced in an hour interview with me on Al-Mayadin TV as an theist, and yet I have never ONCE received a hate mail from Arabs about my atheism.  Not once.  I do receive hate mail, from East and from West, but never about my atheism.  Why do those people resort to such fabrications, I wonder? Just for the attention of the White Man in the West?