Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Dr. Hassan Nouri, extra candidate for Syrian presidential election

I know that you all are eagerly anticipating the results of the presidential elections in Syria but I was thinking about one of the two other officially approved and enhanced candidates.  I noticed that in interviews with Western media, Dr. Hassan Nouri (see his interview for example with Loveday Morris in the Post) talks about an MA degree he had earned from University of Wisconsin, Madison.  He brags about it regularly.  Yet, in Arabic (see his official bio on Sana website), he talks about a PhD he had earned from the US.  So I searched and found out that he says he had earned his PhD from John Kennedy University in California (from a place a short car ride from my house).  How do I put it to you, all those who are supporting his campaign: this university is only occasionally accredited and it dispenses degrees in return of cash.  It does not even have a campus.  But the PhD degree that it sells--I mean, offers--is not in areas that Dr. Nouri claims is the field of his PhD.   Back to watching election results from Damascus.

PS I received information that Dr. Nouri has established an office for the sale of degrees in Damascus.  Congratulations.  

PPS John F Kennedy University is now denying that he was ever a student.