Monday, January 14, 2013

US policy in Yemen (and Syria)

From an anonymous reader:  "I prefer to remain anonymous.

I'm a long time reader of your blog. Yesterday you mentioned about the United States' goal to remove a hatred leader in Syria but preserves the repressive Ba'ath regime. This also happens in Yemen as well. So the US ambassador to Yemen, Gerald Feirestein, says that Ali Saleh's days of ruling Yemen are over and that the days of a new Yemen start, which by means he is calling on the General People Congress (GPC) to make decisions proving that it is a party of the future not the past. But has anybody realize that GPC party he mentioned is founded by none other than Ali Saleh himself? I'm not sure about what Gerald meant in his statement, but if my theory is confirmed, is he trying to promote Saleh's dictatorial and corrupt party which has ruled Yemen since 1982?

PS: I should also remind the people that new president of Yemen is also part of the GPC member."