Sunday, September 16, 2012

Who condemned you?

"Now I knew what it was like to be a combatant in the clash of civilizations. Having renounced Islam and openly criticized its political manifestations, I was condemned to a life cordoned off from the rest of society."  Who condemned you? People don't know who you are, for potato's sake.  I feel sorry for Ali: she is obsessed clearly with Salman Rushdi (as you can tell from this piece) and she hoped that she would generate as much controversy and reaction as he did, but she failed.  Instead, she weaves a tale from her imagination in which she is portrayed as this ex-Muslim who is chased by the savage believers around the world.  Open the window and take a deep breath, damn it.  I mean, I read the Arabic press daily and I watch Arabic TV and I have never ever encountered your name.  Wait: is your name, Angelina Jolie? Because I hear that name a lot in Arabic TV.