Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I swear: I was about to cry when I read this

"Over the next 20 years, through the United States Agency for International Development, American taxpayers would come to spend nearly $3 billion on programs touching nearly every facet of society in the former Communist state — fighting the spread of tuberculosis and H.I.V., developing judicial systems and training lawyers and judges, promoting child welfare, job readiness, youth engagement, human rights and democracy, even helping modernize the electric grid."  I mean, I was about to cry when I read this until I reached the last part:  "human rights and democracy".  Whenever the US spends money on human rights and democracy, I know it only means supporting the most nefarious and most sinister plots and schemes.  In the name of helping democracy, the US has supported the worst violations of human rights in the Middle East.  I have no doubt that the same program for human rights and democracy in other regions, also supported horrific violations of human rights AND democracy.  You read this silly paragraph and think that the US government is a charitable organization.  After 2005, the US government spent millions in Lebanon for "human rights and democracy."  The money largely went to fund fascists, Wahhabis, crooks, criminals, and double agents.  Go fly a kite.