Saturday, March 24, 2012

(Warning: not true story, apparently) "I do not recognise you. I am a 16-year-old child and you are unjustly trying me. You are a Mafia gang and I do not recognise your state.”

"According to the lawyers of the Palestinian Prisoners Society, Salibi was asked to stand up by the judge and the prosecution lawyer began to read the indictment list, but the child interrupted the prosecutor saying: "I do not recognise you. I am a 16-year-old child and you are unjustly trying me. You are a Mafia gang and I do not recognise your state.”  When the judge heard these words, he got very angry and left the court room warning the boy that his punishment was going to be severe, according to those who attended the hearing.   Salibi was arrested on 12 March in the town of Beit Ummar and was subjected to beating and “various forms of barbaric torture,” according to defence lawyers who said that signs of torture are still visible on his face and body."


PS I have a policy of not removing or editing posts after I post them, so I won't remove it although I just got word that it is a fake story.  So my apologies.