Thursday, February 16, 2012

Western liberal academics and Syria's armed uprising

I just occurred to me.  Many Western liberal academics are all excited about the Free Syrian Army and they gleefully post their boasts and claims.  Yet, none of those academics I know ever supported armed revolts by the Palestinian people.  Never.  I guess it is justifiable only when the guns are not aimed at Israel.

PS Mehdi sent me this: "I would go one step further and apply this to the so-called "liberal" Arabs who have been saying for years that the resistance movements in Palestine and Lebanon need to give up their arms and protest non-violently in the face of Israeli bombs and bullets. All of a sudden now that they have discovered their love for Syrians, they support armed resistance. The hypocrisy is too much to handle. Someone should keep a tally of which Arabs are allowed to have weapons, and which are not."