Sunday, September 04, 2011

King of Bahrain

This is self-explanatory:  "This is my first contribution (hopefully you will use it!) - I just couldn't resist sending it to you. Please refer me as "anonymous".   I was on the Bosphorus terrace of the posh Kempinski Hotel in Istanbul. I was on transit from Spain to the Gulf area on Sep 3. Well I was having lunch with my brother at around 2:00 PM when a bunch of cameramen and MIB (Men in Black - and Bahraini flag pins) started to flood the place. That's when a luxury yacht owned by the Turkish government came in to dock at the small pier just off the infinity pool. I asked around who the VIP was and fair enough, it was the Bahraini King himself. Kind of ironic, since I heard Bahrain is a very nervous mood following the killing of a 14-year old child at the hands of security officers there. You would think our leaders are serving us during times of crisis rather than being whisked around luxurious 5-star hotels.    Anyway I also cannot resist reporting that at the time of above, the entire terrace was filled by wealthy Lebanese who didn't hide gazes of admiration towards the yacht and the media coverage. I heard from a friend I came across that a Lebanese couple were supposed to have their wedding ceremony there the next day...
ANONYMOUS!"