Monday, August 01, 2011

Lessons on opposition to Arab regimes from a Zionist advocates: are you kidding me?

I have never heard of the name Blake Hounshell until a few weeks ago.  A reader sent me some silly tweet by this managing editor of Foreign Policy in which he makes a point that distorted facts and made it clear that he supports all forms of violence by Libyan NATO rebels and that he wants all Palestinians to forswear violence. Yesterday, comrades went to battle with this guy because he claimed that I was an "apologist" of Bashshar Al-Asad, who just turned against him yesterday.  I kid you not.  I never miss an opportunity to go after my Zionist enemies, and this is an opportunity.  I learned that this guy took a few weeks of Arabic, or a bit more, and he brags on the official page of Foreign Policy that he speaks "mangled Arabic."  We know what that means, of course.  The man has learned to order a falafil sandwich in Arabic and this family and friends should be proud of him.  Can you imagine someone actually writing on his official resume at his own company that he/she speaks "mangled" Russian or another language?  This shows you the level of Middle East expertise in this country.  Hounshell, if that is his name, did not expect that I (let alone comrades on Twitter) would respond to his drivel.  The White Man is not used to the natives speaking back: maybe that was the case at Ibn Khaldun Center where he had worked, but that is not how it is in the real (Arab) world.  I have been living in the US since 1983, and I never ever thought that I would be lectured by a Zionist on opposition to Arab regimes.  In 1976, I supported a radical leftist group that launched resistance operations against the Syrian Army in the Biqa` valley, but a gentleman (or gentlewoman) never brags about such matters and takes its secrets to the graves.  A Zionist want to hector Arab on how to oppose Arab regimes?  What a farce.  Some readers sent me some of the writings of this guy: and I must confess that his tediousness was more unbearable than his politics.  But apparently, this Zionists does not even like Abu Mazen: so even a collaborationist who serves as a Zionist puppet is not up to his Israeli standards.  He faulted Abu Mazen for not telling "his" people that the Right of Return is "dead".   And more amusing is that a Zionist want to offer me lessons on how to oppose the Asad regime, when he later realized his error.  And if a Zionist expects me to fall in love with the Syrian Muslim Brothers, it only makes me more hostile to the Ikhwan, just as this Zionist will change his tune on Bashshar Al-Asad, and would call him a strategic visionary if he decides to make peace with Israel (which he and his father wanted all along).  I should conclude by telling Hounshell this: I will take you seriously when you become capable of producing one--NOT TWO--just one, insight on the Middle East.  When that time comes, I will respond, from a retirement home.