Friday, July 08, 2011

The pro-Saudi Islamists of the Muslim Public Affairs Council: bowing down to Saudi princes (their primary gods)

So the Islamists of the Muslim Public Affairs Council have come out with a strong statement calling for the expulsion of the Syrian ambassador in Washington, DC, `Imad Mustafa.  A Syrian law student in the US who opposes the Syrian regime sent me this--he was as incensed as I became.  It is obvious why.  First, there is no personal element here.  I know Imad and met him a few times and from the first meeting I told him that I believe that he should not work for the regime.   I won't make excuses for Imad and I believe that he should resign given the blood record of the Asad regime.  I have not seen or communicated with Imad in a few years: I have told people that Imad is a competent individual but that his regime does not deserve his services.  But in the last few months, I have been very upset by statements that Imad made in the press or on his blog about the regime's killings.  He once recommended that families of the victims should read Dostoevsky for consolation.  I thought that that sounded as callous.  But I am upset by the Islamist clowns of the Muslim Public Affairs Council because they are a bunch of religious fanatics and political cowards.  Those are the Islamists who receive their marching orders from a low level employee in the Saudi embassy: they would stand in attention upon seeing the bodyguard of a Saudi prince's barber.  Those are the types of Islamists who prefer Bin Laden to any secular Arab.   Those cowards have never ever called for the expulsion of the Israeli ambassador: not once.  Despite the various massacres committed by the Israeli terrorist state, they not once called for the expulsion of the Israeli ambassador.  Did they call for the expulsion of the Bahraini or Egyptian ambassador when the rulers there were killing their people? They would not dare because they would not care clash with the Zionist lobby in the US.   Do they dare to criticize any pro-US dictatorship for killing its people? Of course, not.  Don't get me wrong: I would not mind if a credible US organization called for the expulsion of the Syrian ambassador in the US but that organization is not this clownish outfit, or Islamist shop.  Those are people who would bow down, lower then they bow down to their "god", if they meet a Saudi official or even a staffer from AIPAC.  Those people would direct their prayer to Las Vegas, if they are so ordered by the Saudi embassy.  (thanks Yaman)