Friday, June 24, 2011

Security threats in the US

A person who should not be identified sent me this:  "Obviously, American government attempts to prevent their citizens from helping Palestinians go beyond money, arms and media manipulation, but the extent they are willing to go is unsettling.  I recently applied for a temp job doing government-related work, and I was denied federal clearance despite passing employment, credit and criminal background checks.  The reason? I was told that if I spent more than one month living/working in "certain countries," I could not attain clearance; six years ago, I spent three months working for an NGO in the West Bank.  To sum up, I could not get a measly $12/hour job because I worked in Palestine.
If you publish please don't use my name (god forbid I get put on another list),"