Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oh, Helene Cooper: a lesson on US policies

"By and large, there was not a huge outcry over Israel’s decision to fire on the protests, in part because of the role that Syria is believed to have played, and partly because the march on the border was viewed as a hostile and provocative action on a sovereign country with which Syria is still legally at war."  OK, Helene.  I hate to break the news to you, and I want to do that calmly with you. But let me put it this way: no, your two reasons are just outright silly.  What would you say if I were to tell you that Israel has killed unarmed civilian Arabs long before the Asad regime came to power in Syria?  Would that shock you? I bet.  Wait.  You probably would then say that in all the cases of thousand of civilian Arabs killed they were posing a mortal threat to the very existence of Israel.  I get it.  Thanks.