Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lebanese Minister of Information is suing me

The Lebanese Minister of Information, Tariq Mitri, is threatening in a letter to Al-Akhbar to sue me.  This is an act fitting of Mubarak's Minister of Information, Anas Al-Faqi.  A Minister of Information suing a writer: a headline for a banana (or cedar) republic.  This man, as is known, was brought to government by Emile Lahhud (because Mitri attached himself to Ilyas Murr, who was then son-in-law of Emile Lahhud).  Suddenly, Hariri Inc--as they often do but without any use of their wealth of course--"persuaded" Mitri to switch sides over night.  And he quickly obliged.   He is responding to my article last Saturday in which I react to his Wikikelak documents.  Mitri should know this: I relish criticizing him and I would relish the opportunity to appear in court and confront him face-to-face.