Sunday, March 20, 2011

Al-Arabiyyah TV

I try as much as I can to follow Saudi propaganda outlets, like Al-Arabiyyah TV (the news station of King Fahd-s brother-in-law) as crude as they are.  So I tuned to Al-Arabiyyah for the news cast.  They are really unwatchable.  They started by asking an Arabic speaking British military spokesperson to weigh in.  They followed with an English speaking US State Department spokesperson.   It is 9:13 and not one Arab commentator has appeared.  Stay tuned: some prince may show up to speak on behalf of Arab protesters.

PS I changed the channel. They are still talking to the American spokesperson.  She is asked only technical questions: what was the mood of the pilot bombing Libya, and what was he wearing?  I am now watching the 24-hours news and rumors about Libya, better known as Aljazeera.