Thursday, February 10, 2011

Repression in Syria

Don't forget our brothers and sisters in Syria.  A comrade (whose father was a Syrian minister) sent me this (I cite with his permission):  "I spoke to my mother last night and she told me that the pending sale of our land in... (land my father inherited 25 years ago) did not go through because the regime has "frozen all our assests" (land , and our only house). It is not enough that we as a family are denied access to our country  , had our passports
revoked and were exiled decades ago , now the regime does not want us to benefit from any of our assets (and my father did not steal like most Ex Baathists and frankly we can use the extra money now).  In my opinion Mubarak regime is no different than Assad regime , despite the latters claim that he "supports" the resistance in Lebanon (reminds me with Sadaam claims to support Palestinians)  Once Egypt regains its role in the arab world it will expose the pseudo rejectionist Syrian regime who is only concerned about staying in power by any means necessary."