Saturday, January 15, 2011

On Tunisian Revolution vesus Iranian

Some have sent me asking for reasons for my enthusiasm for the Tunisian Revolution and not for the so-called Green (Early Khumayni) Revolution.  Silly ones have suggested reasons having to do with the Arab identity of Tunisians.  1) The last notion is silly.  I have been most critical of the Lebanese Cedar Revolution and wrote more against it than about any lousy Revolution, and the Lebanese are Arabs. 2) I judge a revolution by its sponsors: the sponsors of the Lebanese and Green Revolution are US, France, Israel, and Saudi Arabia.  3) I judge the movement by its leaders: Hariri and Musavi and Rafsanjani don't inspire my enthusiasm.  The Tunisian Communist Workers Party does.  4) There is no sectarian or religious slogans in the Tunisian movement, while there is plenty in the Green and Cedar revolutions.  5)  I like revolutions that concerns Israel and not those that please Israel.  6) I never denied that there are sincere people and youths in the camp of the Green Revolution but that it is led by lousy individuals who raised lousy slogans: (Mousavi and Rafsanjani wanted to go to the early Khumayni "purity" or revolution.  That is it.