Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lebanon: as a factory of racism

Hassan sent me this (I cite with his permission): "My name is Hassan and I am from Homs. I lived in Beirut for some time before leaving to Canada where I still live and study English. I faced so much racism in Lebanon, especially when I tell Lebanese I am from Homs because of all their lousy jokes.I like your blog and the fact that you criticize those Lebanese tendencies. I want to share with you the following link about Steve Jobs' biological dad who is originally from Homs and was a comrade of George Habash at AUB:  
I hope this will prove to all those racists that the phones they use are made by a man whose genes are from Homs. 
PS. Canada gave me education and Lebanon showed me an ugly face of racism that I will never forget"