Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I find Cohen to be least unreasonable of the New York Times' crowd

"Dahiye, the Hezbollah-controlled southern Beirut suburb flattened by Israel in 2006, now bustles with construction and commerce, including state-of-the-art juice bars and risqué lingerie stores. It feels about as threatening as New York’s Canal Street."  I notice that not a single white journalist who passes through Lebanon, does not get invited for a meal with Walid Jumblat.  That guy really--I mean, really--loves the company of the White Man--even if it was Jeffrey Feltman, for potato's sake.  Of course, I don't attack Jumblat just because he called me "crazy" in a published interview.  I did not like him during his "progressive" phase, and I liked him less during this "imperialist" phase.  And I like him now even less during his detour.