Thursday, November 04, 2010

signs of the demise

There are signs that Israel's years are numbered.  They became clear to me in 2006 when a bunch of youngsters in South Lebanon humiliated the arrogant army of Israel.  People from South Lebanon were most impressed hearing the cries and screams of retreating Israeli soldiers around Marun Ar-Ras.  But for me the signs are seen also in the clumsiness and comical nature of Israel propaganda.  I never thought I would live to watch Israeli propaganda mimic Ba`thist propaganda.  These are signs that one relishes from a historical perspective.  There are those who are worried about the new Israeli (and US) insistence that Arabs and others recognize the permanent Jewish character of the state.  Are you kidding? This is another sign of demise.  It shows actual panic regarding the inevitable future and the demographic trend.  What will Israel do 50 years from now when the Jews in the "holy land" are outnumbered by Arabs?  No pledge of Jewishness of state would preserve the racist state of Israel.  Don't get me wrong: I dont believe that Israel will be around at the time.  Then, you will most likely land in George Habash International Airport (formerly known as Ben Gurion Airport).  I already now discuss plans of visit to Palestine after its liberation.  I know what I would do there.