Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nasrallah's press conference

Contrary to what I have been reading in Western media. I don't think that Nasralllah's press conference was intended to prove Israeli's responsibility for the assassination of Rafiq Hariri. That was not the point although many Arabs believe that Israel is capable of any massacre, atrocity, or assassination (I liked what the defense correspondent to Haaretz said on Aljazeera. He said: oh, no. Israel stopped doing those kind of things 15 years ago). Nasrallah was aiming to undermine once and for all the credibility of the court. In that, he was successful. End of story. But the one who undermined the credibility of the court before him was Detliv Mehlis. Go back and read his comedic report. I can't believe that it was discussed in the UNSC. Wait: oh, no. I can believe that, and I am sure the Bush administration loved it.