Friday, January 15, 2010

Val Pere Jacques School hearts Yitzhak Rabin

Layal sent me this message (I cite with her permission):
" Dear As`ad,
أهلا بك في مسخ الوطن
The conference was absolutely great, i's dotted and t's crossed. Thank You Doctor.
You mentioned Yitzhak Rabin in your talk and asked the crowd if they felt sad about him [because Rafiq Hariri was supposed to have felt sad according to his court biographer]. Back in 1995 when
Rabin was assassinated, I was 10 and I used to go to a Catholic School. You know there was this habit to pray
every morning in the courtyard before attending our classes. I remember well that the Nun wanted that day to
dedicate our prayers to the soul of Yitzhak Rabin. I got pissed that day and told my mom about it.
Yes Doctor, the name of the school is Val Père Jacques School located in Bkennaya and it is owned by Les
Soeurs de la Croix/ Sisters of The Cross (راهبات الصليب) who own as well سيدة البير .
True Story.
Thanks for your time again,"