Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cache of Huthi Weapons

I woke up, and turned Saudi Al-Arabiyya TV (the private station of King Fahd's brother-in-law). They had an exclusive footage of a weapons cache from Huthi fighters, acquired by the heroic Saudi soldiers. I am not making this up. They showed three very old hunting rifles, and "khartush", the munitions for those rifles. They also showed up to three Yemeni style Janbiyyahs (daggers). I am not making this up. It was so comical. But I am really enjoying watching footage of Saudi troops. I have always thought that Lebanese soldiers are the most unprofessional soldiers there are, until I saw those Saudi soldiers. But worry not about Saudi Arabia: the Kuwaiti army has volunteered its services to help Saudi Arabia. And we know if there is one army that can defend its own territory, and neighboring territories as well, it is the Kuwaiti army. Hurray.

PS Yemenis have convinced me that I should write it as "Huthi" and not Hawthi, although the latter is the closest to Fusha, and I am biased in favor of Fusha spelling of Arabic words.