Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thus Spoke Saeb Erekat

"There were 2,325 brains* sitting in this conference, did we shout at this conference? Yes. Was I shouted at? Yes. Was I criticized? Like hell..." He also added: Was I made fun of? Yes. Did people make fun of me non-stop? Of course. Was I called a buffoon**? You bet. Did people throw shoes and rotten tomatoes at me? You bet. Was I covered with spit by the end of every day? Like hell. Did people call me names and made obscene gestures at me? What do you expect. Of course. Did I receive orders from Dahlan and his gang? Yes. Am I a joke? You bet. Do I look pathetic when I speak to the press? Absolutely. Do I hear people in the press giggling when I open my mouth? All the time. Do I constitute an embarrassment to my people and its cause? Certainly. (thanks Ziyaad)

* 2,325 Fath brains add up to the equivalent of 2 brains of a mouse.
** Etymologically, Buffoon is from the French Bouffon.