Wednesday, May 13, 2009

MEMRI defines the Arab press

So MEMRI put out a special bulletin the other day about what it called "Criticism in the Arab Press" of Oabama's policies in Afghanistan. As soon as I saw the headlines I knew that this would provide me with yet another opportunity to bash MEMRI and to expose their slanted and skewed standards that are political through and through. I knew that what they refer to as "the Arab press" is going to be wildy unrepresentative of the Arab press. That propaganda outfit did not disappoint. Their sample of the Arab press included the following: the editor of the mouthpiece of Prince Salman (Ash-Sharq Al-Awsat), three columnists for Prince Khalid bin Sultan's mouthpiece (Al-Hayat), and the director of King Fahd's brother-in-law's TV station (Al-Arabiyya). When I saw that I learned of Arab press what I knew not before, and I learned of Israeli propaganda (and of Israeli-Saudi alliance) what I knew before.
PS So according to MEMRI, two living Saudi princes and one dead Saudi king speak for Arab public opinion. It is with glee that I note the utter stupidity and incompetence of Zionist propaganda.