Monday, February 02, 2009

My mother

I spoke to my mother the other day, and she had a few criticisms of my last article in Al-Akhbar on Obama. She said that I was too harsh on him, and that it is still too early in the Obama administration. She said that i should give him a chance to prove himself, and that I was being too pessimistic. She said that she likes him and has high hopes of him. She said that she read somewhere that he has designated a special person to watch over Hillary at the Department of State. She also did not like my reference to the alliance between Gen. Michel `Awn and the Zionists. She said that he was aligned with the US congressional forces and not with Zionists. But I argued that it was the same. She also did not like my critical reference to former Lebanese minister, Michel Samahah. She said that he likes me. I said that I can't base my criticisms on whether people like me or dislike me. She finally said that my sister was upset. I asked: why is my sister upset? She said that she was watching Abu Mazen speak and was really upset. I said: tell my sister to not watch Abu Mazen speak anymore.