Sunday, January 04, 2009

What about Hamas?

Yesterday, an American asked me: But what about Hamas As`ad? I told her: it is not about Hamas anymore. As soon as Israel starts butchering Palestinians, it is no more about Hamas, and it really never was. When Israel kills, it kills Palestinians: all Palestinians, young and old, males and females, civilians and combatants but with special preference for civilians. Zionists want to fool us by invoking the ideology of Hamas as a factor, but let us not take lessons about enlightenment and secularism from an Zionist entity which since its founding has comprised obscurantist religious kooks. I have been critical of Hamas in Arabic and English but will not criticize Hamas when the entire Palestinain population is under attack from Israeli terrorist attackers. And when those bring up Hamas now, do they realize they are opting for Dahglan gangs as an alternative. DAHLAN GANGS, for potato's sake. This is the alternative that Israel/US/Arab regimes want to impose on the Palestinains people. Also, has there ever been a Palestinian group that resisted Israeli occupation which was not declared by Israel and its supporters a terrorist organization? Ever? When I was growing up, there was no Hamas and no Hizbullah and Israel was butchering Palestinians in the camps of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and the land of Palestine. Israel was bombing from the air, sea, and land the squalid refugee camps in Lebanon and I resolved as a kid that I would never EVER forgive or forget to my Palestinian brothers and sisters. So the ideology of the group is really irrelevent: what Israel objects to is the audacity of resistance to occupation. The case of Fath Movement is quite illustrative: it was a dangerous and terrorist organization when it resisted Israeli occupation, and it magically became a "moderate" and "secular" organization only when it stopped resisting Israeli military terrorist occupation. Somebody asked me: do you feel sorry for civilians in Israel? I said: when I notice them, I do but I am too busy watching the plight of 470 Palestinians who were killed and 2400 injured, and who get no coverage in the US press which clearly and unabashedly employ racist standards in covering the plight of Israelis. Yes, I will shed a tear for an Israeli child if she/he was victim of Palestinian missiles but: 1) I hold Israeli occupation itself responsible for those primitive missiles and call for better military equipment for the Palestinain resistance movement; 2) I may not have enough tears to shed because I am shedding tears for the more than one hundred Palestinian children killed in Gaza by Israeli terrorist occupiers. Zionists always try to divert the attention and change the subject: back in the Cold War, they argued that they were not butchering Palestinians but merely fighting Soviet terrorism, and now they are merely fighting Islamic fundamentalist terrorism. Such naked propaganda may fool somebody who does not anyting about the backgroun of the conflict in the US congress, but me?