Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Help

I have translated a lot of political poetry for this blog that it seems that I lost track. Vanessa asked me for the book of poetry from which Darwish's poem ("all that you have done to our people, is registered in notebooks") is taken. I looked and looked and could not find it. It seems it is not Darwish. I must have confused my source. So I dont know which poem it was and the poet in question. You need to help me in tracking it down. I found this version on one website but it did not mention the poet (I am leaning to say it was zayyad but not sure):
يا سادتي ..
عجوز ولم ترحموا شيبتي
عجوز ولم ترحموا دمعتي
حولتمو بلادنا مقابر
وتفننتم في تنظيم المجازر
زرعتم الرصاص في رؤوسنا ،
يا سادتي ..
أين زعماء عروبتي
ياسادتي ..
لا شيء هكذا يمر دونما حساب
فكل ما صنعتم لشعبنا
مسجل على دفاتر
يوم الحساب
فياويلكم من الحساب
يوم يأخذ كل ظالم ومظلوم حقه
من عند الذي لا تضيع عنده مظلمتي
ياسادتي ..
هذي دمعتي ياسادتي .."