Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Yesterday, I wanted to go to bed early as I am still suffering from the flu (or cold, I can never tell the difference). As I took some of the local version of Nitequil (in fact, it is so strong and potent that it is probably illegal in some countries), I spotted near the curtain a small lizard. I leaped out of bed to chase it, only to discover behind the curtain an entire community of lizards--of different sizes and colors. And they were staring at me as if I intruded on their social gathering. I was so distressed: I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room immediately. That was arranged. I went to bed: and was awakened at around 3:30AM by the loud sounds of explosions near the Lal mosque. I am in a very bad mood today, as you can tell. It could be made worse if : 1) I run into Muhammad Dahlan; 2) if I am offered lizard biryani.