Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I have been eaten rolled grape leaves (dolmas) all my life. The best I have had are at a non-fancy Turkish restaurant called Haci Baba (Again, thanks Timor Goskel for recommendation). And they are vegetarian. They were so good that I had to open them up to make sure that they have no meat. Such a taste. Also, I am finicky about my baklava (like I don't like Syrian baklava although they look cute and miniatures but are not sweet enough for me), so yesterday with great reluctance--not really--I sampled the baklava as that magnificent place called Saray (I put a link to it the other day) on Istiqlal street in Taqsim. They were just unbelievable: not like any baklava I have had. They are distinctively soft and very very moist. For the duration of the sampling, Angry Arab forgot all about his anger. Once the I consumed them, I resumed my angry state.