Sunday, July 22, 2007

Every day there is yet another "former Jihadi" writing in the US press. Where do they find those people? And how do they know that they are "former Jihadis"? And don't they remind you of those "former terrorists" who are put on the lecture circuit by pro-Israeli groups? And this guy is admitting to terrorism. How forgiving of the Washington Post. This guy is admitting to "firebombing" stores. Will he now become a Middle East expert at the Post? Also, he claims that there was a fatwawawawawa issued against him. Oh, yeah. Where was the fatwawawawawa issued? Oh, on the internet. I once was called names "on the internet" and you don't see me whining about that in the Washington Post. US press is so predictable. You can even try it: even if you can't write one sentence in English. You can send to any newspaper an article in which you claim that you have now seen the light, and have discovered that Islam is a dangerous religion, and the next thing you know, you are writing articles for the Washington Post. Also, I really find his description of his epiphany to be quite effective: "But one evening not long after that, I heard a radio broadcast of the verse of light. Even though I had memorized the Koran at 15, I felt as though I was hearing this verse for the first time. God is light, it says, the universe is illuminated by His light. I felt the verse was speaking directly to me, sending me a message." Tell me, o "former" terrorist/firebomber: Do you hear voices in your head? But the best part of the article is the end--and it shows you you can say anything and not be noticed when you write for newspapers that know nothing on Islam: "In the late 14th century, Islam had its own sort of Martin Luther. Ibn Taymiyya..." Ibn Taymiyya: one of the most fanatical theologians and the guru of the Bin Ladenite groups is the hero of this fellow. Let us all hope that this writer has stopped his firebombing activities.