Thursday, March 08, 2007

I watched the head of Hizbullah's parliamentary bloc, Muhammad Ra`d, on NBN-TV. He was asked about the Iraq situation. He gave the most jumbled and convoluted answer that I have ever heard on the subject. It is incredible. Hizbullah's position on the US war and occupation is as clear as...the Iranian position. On the one hand, it is opposed to occupation, but on the other hand, it supports the puppets of occupation. And that makes it impossible for the party to defend itself from accusations of sectarian bias. I still don't understand the position of Hizbullah on Iraq. Even in my interviews with Hizbullah leaders: I never can understand the position of the party. How can one be opposed to US occupation and not be fiercely opposed to Maliki, Ja`fari, and Sistani? Impossible.